Bid Date4/6/23 2:00pm
Company & Contacts
San Diego Unified School District
Notice is hereby given that the San Diego Unified School District, acting by and through its governing board, will
electronically receive proposals for the furnishing of all labor, materials, transportation, equipment, and services for:
MADISON HIGH SCHOOL WHOLE SITE MODERNIZATION PHASE II - LLB
*This is a LLB project. Only LLB Prime Contractors listed below may submit proposals to the San Diego Unified School
District. Please visit our website for each LLB Prime Contractor’s contact information at sandiegounified.org/LLB-Outreach.
A mandatory site visit is scheduled for 11am on March 17, 2023, in front of the main office of Madison High School,
4833 Doliva Dr, San Diego, CA 92117. The meeting will begin with a general project overview, followed by a site walk of
the school site. Failure to attend or extreme tardiness and to sign in will render a LLB Prime Contractor’s Proposal ineligible.
All LLB Prime Contractors must preregister with the District prior to attending the site walk at
Only proposals from the following Group G LLB Prime Contractors will be accepted:
• Balfour Beatty Construction, LLC
• C.W. Driver, LLC
• Clark Construction Group – California, LP
• Erickson – Hall Construction Co.
• McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
• Soltek Pacific Construction Company
• Sundt Construction, Inc.
• Swinerton Builders
• Turner Construction Company
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS, PROPOSERS MUST ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING:
• Photographs: when taking pictures of the site, please make sure students are not in the frame.
• Restrooms: please use a “staff only” restroom – student restrooms are not open to adults.
• Conduct: when walking through the campus, stay together as a group and keep your voices down. Class is in session.
• Leaving the walk before it has concluded: if you need to leave the site walk before it has ended, locate the contract
specialist or other District staff, and they will escort you to the nearest exit.
RFP Responses must be received electronically at or before 2:00 p.m. on April 6, 2023. LLB Prime Contractors interested
in submitting an RFP Response must go to tinyurl.com/SDUSD-PlanetBids then search under Bid Opportunities for
Invitation Number LB23-0806-39-00-P1 Madison High School Whole Site Modernization Phase II LLB. For new vendors,
please register under New Vendor Registration. Subcontractors interested in submitting bids to the LLB Prime Contractors
must do so per each LLB Prime Contractor’s timelines. Verify bid due dates with the LLB Prime Contractors.
Madison High School Whole Site Modernization Phase II Lease-Leaseback – Contract No. LB23-0806-39-00-P1:
future construction estimate is $46,500,000. However, the anticipated duration for preconstruction services is sixteen
(16) months with construction beginning on September 2024.
Under Public Contract Code §3400, the District has made a finding that the following particular materials, products, things,
or services are designated by specific brand or trade name in order to match other products in use on the particular public
improvement either completed or in the course of completion for: